Site outage

Well, that sucked.  My domain was MIA today.  Fixed what I could, but it's not totally working yet.

I discovered the problem this morning, when I was thwarted in my regularly scheduled RSS feed checking.  The page didn't load.  And neither did any of the other page.  Or the DNS alias that I had pointed to my home server.  So after confirming that my hosting provider was in fact up, I checked my DNS.

Somehow - I'm still not 100% sure how - my domain's nameservers got reset to defaults for my registrar.  I'm not sure if I fat-fingered something while confirming my contact info in the domain manager, or if there was some change on their end, or what.  At any rate, they were wrong.  I was able to change the settings back to my hosting provider's nameservers without any issues, but that still requires waiting for the change to finish propagating.  What a pain.

You can reply to this entry by leaving a comment below. You can send TrackBack pings to this URL. This entry accepts Pingbacks from other blogs. You can follow comments on this entry by subscribing to the RSS feed.

Comments #

Add your comments #

A comment body is required. No HTML code allowed. URLs starting with http:// or ftp:// will be automatically converted to hyperlinks.